I have loved reading for as long as I can remember. I could get lost in a book for hours. Still can, actually. But I don’t read as much as I used to.
I’d like to say I have a library that rivals my DVD collection. I went through a phase where I collected all the classics I should’ve read but hadn’t yet after finding a website that sold them for a couple dollars each. That was in college and I still haven’t tackled many of those.
Even though I’ve been accumulating new reads, I haven’t yet devoured them. But it shouldn’t be shocking since more than half of the DVDs in my collection are still wrapped.
So, in addition to everything else I want to accomplish this summer, I’m also going to challenge myself to read more.
Here is my summer book bucket list that I hope to get through by this fall.
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- We Are Pirates by Daniel Handler
- All The Dirty Parts by Daniel Handler
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Abertalli
- And We’re Off by Dana Schwartz
- The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
- One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims
If you can’t see a trend with my list, I’m still really into Young Adult books. I’m not 30 yet so I’m still a young adult, right?
I’ve also got a slew of books I got for free because of Amazon First Reads and my Prime Membership. Since Kindle books are easier for me to read on the go, I might swap titles out as I go, but I’ll try to keep this list as updated as possible!
What are you reading? I’d love to get new recommendations so that I have more summer reads to add to my summer book bucket list.
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to purchase products using these links, but I’ll get a small commission from any orders placed.*